INTEGRATED CHILD DEVELOPMENT SCHEME (ICDS)
|Number of ICDS projects in the District-09|
|Name of the ICDS Projects||No. of AWC|
Services Provided to beneficiaries in Anganwadi Centres :
- Maintenance of survey register on population in every Anganwadi Centre’s area, keeping records of births and deaths of children and women during pregnancy and delivery.
- Ensuring immunization and health check-up of children and pregnant mothers and lactating mothers.
- Weighing of children and maintenance of growth chart to ascertain the nutritional status of children.
- Running of Pre-Schools with all teaching and learning materials for children in the age group of 3 to 6 years training them under Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) in currently at 653 SHISHU ALOYS and assesment of the children under ECCE in monthly basis.
- Monthly meeting with mothers to make them aware about Health, Nutrition, Child rearing, Hygiene and Sanitation.
- Referral services for at-risk children on Health and Nutrition grounds to health centres.
- Anaemia Control Programmes by distribution of IFA tablets to out of school Adolescent Girls (11-14 years).
- SAG-KP (Scheme for Adolescent Girls-Kanyasree Prakalpa Convergence): All adolescent girls of age group 11-18 will be trained on health,hygiene,nutrition,environment,society related issues and will be given exposure visits to bank,postoffice,police station and various govt. offices under non nutrition part and out of school adolescent girl of age 11-14 years will recieve ready to eat food and IFA tablets.This SAG-KP Convergence Programme has been sanctioned for Dakshin Dinajpur in September 2019.
- Various programmes like Breast Feeding Week (1-7th August), Nutrition Week (1-7th September), ECCE day (3rd Monday), Supushti & Annaprasan Divas, “Saadh Vakhhan”to the pregnant Mothers are celebrated at the AWCs to create awarness about Nutrition, ECEE (Early Child hood Education), Health & Hygiene etc.
- Supplementary Nutrition Programmes (SNP) in Anganwadi Centres to 6 months to 6 years Children and pregnant & Lactating Mothers are listed in the table below:
|DAY||MORNING SNACKS ONLY FOR 6 MONTH TO 6 YEAR CHILDREN||SNP FOR 6 MONTH TO 6 YEAR CHILDREN AND PREGNANT & LACTATING MOTHERS||ADDITIONAL FOOD FOR SEVERELY MALNOURISHED CHILDREN|
|MONDAY-WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY||40 GM READY TO EAT FOOD||BOILEDFULL EGG CURRY AND RICE||
1. 480 GM READY TO EAT FOOD/WEEK AS TAKE HOME RATION
2. 150 GM SUJI/MONTH
|TUESDAY-THURSDAY-SATUDAY||BOILED HALF EGG & BANANA||KHICHDI WITH SOYABEAN AND VEGETABLES.PREGNANT AND LACTATING MOTHERS WILL GET BOILED FULL EGG|
For all information on the services provided by the ICDS projects in the District, people may contact local Anganwadi Centres, or get in touch with local Anganwadi workers, Anganwadi helpers, Supervisors at the sectors and Child Development Project Officers at Project Offices