Rupashree Prakalpa is an initiative tht provides a one-time financial grant of Rs. 25,000 for economically stressed families at the time of their adult daughter’ marriages.
The grant, to be provided under the name of “Rupashree Prakalpa”, is aimed at mitigating the difficulties that poor families face in bearing the expenditure of their daughter’ marriages, for which they often have to borrow money at very high interest rates.
This scheme shall apply to any woman who proposes to be married if her application satisfies the following criteria:
- The applicant has attained the age of 18 years.
- She is unmarried on the date of submitting her application.
- The proposed marriage is her first marriage.
- She was born in West Bengal or She has been a resident of West Bengal for the last 5 years or her parents are permanent residents of West Bengal.
- Her family income is not greater than Rs. 1.50 lakhs per annum.
- Her prospective groom has attained the age of 21 years.
- The completed Application Form, along with all other necessary documents and certifications must be submitted to the Office of the Block Development Officer or Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer or Municipality under which the applicant’s residence is located and must be submitted not less than 30 days and not more than 60 days before the date of the proposed marriage.
|2019-2020 (Online)||2985||2576 (till dec. 2019)|
|01||Smt. Nirmita Saha, WBCS (Exe.), Dy. Magistrate & Dy. Collector, Dakshin Dinajpur||District Nodal Officer, Rupashree Prakalpa, Dakshin Dinajpur|