District Employment Exchange
Schemes under the Directorate of Employment, West Bengal
1. Employment Bank
3. E-enablement of the activities of Employment Exchanges
Online Mock Test, Online Psychometric Test (Carrer Interest Inventory), One-to-one Counselling, Career Counselling in Groups,English Self-learning App- “English Bolo”, Live-streamed Special Coaching Classes, The Last Mile Employability Module
4. 10 Day’s Special Coaching for Competitive Exam
5. 10 Day’s Prashikkhan Shibir for Domestic Help
6. 3 Day’s Sel Employment Awarness-Cum Motivation Programme
7. Skill Training for Jute Industry
8. Career Talk at School & Colleges
9. Career Corner at Employment Exchanges
10. Self Employment Loan Scheme-Udiyaman Swanirbhar Karmasansthan Prakalpa-2008
11. Motor Driving Learning Scheme-2019
Employment Bank, West Bengal is a joint binitiative by the Labour Department and the Information Technology Department, Government of West Bengal with active support from the Heigher Education Department and the Technical Education & Training Department.
Benefits from Employment Bank:
|Sl No||For Job Seekers||For Employer||For Skill Provider||For Institution|
|1||New Enrolment: www.employmentbankwb.gov.in||New Enrolment||New Enrolment||New Enrolment|
|2||Job Search||Change Your Password||Resume Search||Change Password|
|3||Job Match||Post The Job||Post The Job||Upload Students Data|
|4||Update/View profile using User Id & Password||Advertise Job,Resume Search||–||–|
From the enrolled jobseekers under Employment Bank, one lakh jobseekers is given Yuvasree under Yuvasree Scheme @1500/pm.
The Objective of the Scheme is to provide unemployment assistance to the enrolled jobseekers of Employment Bank to enable them to upgrade their level of skill in order to make the employable or suitable for setting up of self employment ventures.
- He/She must be unemployed and a resident of West Bengal.
- He/She should be enrolled with the Employment Bank as “Job Seeker”.
- His/Her Educational Qualification should be Class VIII pass and above.
- Should be between 18-45 years of age on the 1st day of April of the year in which he/she is considered under the scheme.
- He/She has not availed financial assistance /loan under any state/central government sponsored Self-Employment Scheme.
- Only one member of a family is eligible to recieve assistance under the scheme.
The beneficiaries are required to submit a self-declaration (Annexure-III) in every six months, so as to ascertain whether the recipient is utilizing the financial assistance for the right cause and undergoing some training course/s to upgrade his/her skill and whether the beneficiary still conforms to the eligibility criteria to recieve unemployment assistance under the scheme. Concept of Warning List: Waiting list will be generated for Yuvasree to fulfill the target through out the State.
3. E-enablement of the activities of Employment Exchanges:
This is a ‘first of its kind” initiative of the Directorate of Employment under Labour Department, Government of West Bengal to provide on a single platform all the required facilities to the enrolled job seekers of the State who aspire for quality employment through various competitive examinations/selection tests or want to be self-employed.This initiative, known as “e-enablement of the activities of Employment Exchanges” strives to cover the entire gamut of career guidance from psychometric assessment to last mile employability enhancement.
Once logged in, the entire repository of enabling tools would be available to the job seeker.The repository will consist of:
- Online Psychometric Test (Career Interset Inventory) with indicative career options on the basis of personalized report cards.
- One-to-One Counselling to be conducted by expert Counsellors at the Employment Exchanges.
- Career Counselling in Groups at the Employment Exchanges.
- Android based spoken English self-learning App-” English Bolo”
- Live-streamed Special Coaching Classes on various subjects of General Studies like English language,Numerical/Arithmetic Aptitude,Reasoning,Current Affairs,Computer Application,Environmental Science etc.
- Online Mock Tests on frequently held Competitive Examinations IBPS, RRB (Group-D),SSC (Group-D),TET,WBCS (Prelims) etc.
- Question Bank on various subjects or on specific Competitive Examinations.
- The Last Mile Employability Module shall encompass CV Writing, Interpersonal Skill, Presentation Skill, basics of Entrepreneurship.
4. 10 Day’s Special Coaching for Competitive Exam:
The special Coaching is being imparted to the validly enrolled job seekers of the state who aspiring for Government Jobs through Competitive Exams since 2009. This activity is conducted as per the Part-III of the scheme of “Skill Development for Registered Job Seekers-2007”
1. To assist aspiring Job seekers in their preparation for Competitive Exams.
2. This would be done organizing camps of 10 days (Working days) duration in the operational jurisdiction of each Employment Exchange.
3. Free of cost coaching & guidance would be provided to get oriented towards the competitive exams.
Selection Of Faculty:
- Person could be a Government Officials who has recently been inducted in service through a recognized Competitive Examination.
- A member of the faculty of an Institution which imparts Coaching to the Youth for such competitive exams.
*Contact Employment Exchanges for Current Schedule of Special Coaching.
5. 10 DAY’S PRASHIKHAN SHIBIR FOR DOMESTIC HELP:
Directorate of Employment ventured into this endeavour in the year 2012 with an eye to develop/upgrade the skill of domestic workers through organising 10-days “PRASHIKHAN SHIBIR” and promote awarness regarding,Housekeeping,cooking,safety,child care, elderly care,first-aid,basic computer knowledge and banking functions etc.
6. Self Employment Awarness cum Motivation Programme:
This programme is taken up with many initiatives of Directorate of Employment,West Bengal for self Employment of Unemployed youth.This will be organized in collaboration with RSETI.If RSETI is unable to take up any such Programme,Officer in charge of the District will organize the Camps on their own.
Selection Criteria of Job seekers: candidate must be enrolled in Employment bank.
Selection of faculty members:Faculty should be selected from industry professionals,Bankers,In house faculty of RSETI, Representative from DIC,KVKs,Department of Horticulture,Agriculture,Fisheries,Animal Husbandry.
- Potential barriers of Self Employment
- Presenting Business Ideas
- Preparation of Project Report
- Means of Finance Project
- Procedure of apply in Bank Loan
- Customer Relationship
- Marketing & advertising
- e-Commerce,Book Keeping,Taxation-GST
Duration of the programme: 3-6 Days
7. Skill Development Training on spinning & weaving of jute:
A. Candidate should be literate & Physically fit.
B. Minimum age:18 years
Duration of Training:
3 Months (1 month- Theoretical & 2 month-Practical).
District Employment Exchange at Bankura,Dumdum,Howrah,barrackpore,Chunchura,Purulia,Jhargram,Bolpur,Kalna,Serampore,Basirhat,Uluberia
8. CARRER TALK at Schools & Colleges
- Participants: Students
- Venue: Schools & Colleges
- Speaker: Officials form Employment Exchanges
Topics for discussion:
a. Recent trends in Employment Market
b. Identification of Skill gap
c. Information regarding Skill Institute & Trades
d. Different Govt Schemes for jobseekers
e. Step wise education Facilities.
9. Career Corner at Employment Exchange:
“Career Corners” equipped with career related books and magazines have been established in all Employment Exchanges of the State.The aspiring person who is willing to prepare him/herself for Governmebt Jobs, may attend the Career Corner for self study with the available books & magazines etc. This is fully free of cost.
10. Udiyaman Swanirbhar Karmasansthan Prakalpa(USKP):
Under this scheme the maximum project cost is Rs 50,000/- for an individual beneficiary. The Margin money or subsidy would be @25% of the loan amount per person subject to a maximum of Rs 12,500/-.
- He has completed his 18th year but 45th year of age as on 1st day of April of the Year in which he has applied to come under the scheme.( The uper age limit is relaxable in case of Physically Handicapped Persons, Scheduled Castes, Schedule Tribes and other Backward Classes.)
- He is registered as an unemployed or partially employed person with any employment Exchange of West Bengal for more than a year.
- He has “fully Paid” any loan or advance take previously from any bank/financial institution.
- There is no waiting period for Scheduled Castes,Scheduled Tribes,Other Backward Classes, Ex-Servicemen,Minority category and female registrants
11. Motor Driving Training-2019
The fully subsidized Motor Driving Learning Scheme for Unemployed youth has been initiated under Directorate of Employment, West Bengal.
- Candidates must be enrolled in Employment Bank Portal
- Age should be 18 years to 40 years.
- Qualificatio: Minimum Class VIII passed.
- Course Fees: Rs, 5000/- only per Candidates inclusive of all fees which is fully subsidized.
For details:- Contact nearest Employment Exchanges.