Medhashree – Pre-metric scholarship
INTRODUCTION AND OBJECTIVE:
To address the growing aspiration for education in the other backward classes communities of the state and with a view of providing them more avenues for socio-economic andeducational development by extendingfinancial support and encouragement to the students , the State Government has decided to launch “Medhashree” – Pre-metric scholarship to the other backward classes students studying in class V to VIII in Government/Government Sponsored/ Government Aided Schools in West Bengal to be fully funded from the State budget from the financial year 2022-23 onwards.
EXTENT OF SCHOLARSHIP:
The scholarship under this scheme will be provided to students belonging to the other backward classes communities and studying in class V to VIII in Government/Government Aided Sponsored/ Government Aided Schools in West Bengal.
- Applicant must be adomicile of West Bengal and belonging to Other Backward Classes as per notifications of Backward Class Welfare Department.
- Must be a regular fulltime student studying in a School/ Institution recognized by and educational Board/ Council of the State/ Centra Government.
- Only day scholars students studying in West Bengal can apply for this scholarship.
- The award once made will continue upto Class-VIII subject to other conditions of eligibility.
- Students receiving Pre- matric Scholarships/ financial assistance from any other Government schemes shall not be eligible for “Medhasree”. Incumbents received any other scholarship/ stipends of similar nature in addition to “Medhasree” shall be liable to refund the scholarship amount paid under “Medhasree”.
- Students must have a valid bank account with core banking facility(CBS).
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, he/she would not get scholarship for that class for multiple year. However, if he or she is promoted to next class subsequently he/she will enjoy the benefit provided the applicant is otherwise eligible.
- Annual family income of the student should not exceed 2.50 lakh. A certificate to that effect by the competent authority is to be provided as embodied in the application form.
- Students studying in institutes outside West Bengal will not be eligible for the scholarship.
Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, he/she would not get scholarship for that class for multiple year. However, if he or she is promoted to next class subsequently he/she will enjoy the benefit provided the applicant is otherwise eligible.
How To Apply